Our eyes help us see and appreciate the world around us. There is no debate about the contribution of eye health to overall wellness and the importance of raising awareness on its care. Visual Ophthalmology Services, P.C. promotes the prevention of vision loss, and we’re here to share helpful tips on effective eye care in New York.
- Eat healthy, nutritious food – Not just our eyes, but our body, in general, needs nutrition for it to function well. Eating a balanced diet is key to keeping our eyes as healthy as possible.
- Be wary of radiation – Computer screens and mobile phones strain the eyes, which can compromise their overall health. Use anti-radiation glasses and manage your screen time to avoid hurting your eyes.
- Wear sunglasses – UV radiation from the sun is among the causes of cataracts and other eye diseases. So avoid looking at the sun directly and use sunglasses when out during the summer.
- Avoid scratching and poking your eyes – These organs are sensitive and blunt force can result in immediate vision loss.
- Visit an ophthalmologist in Ridgewood, New York regularly – A medical professional can perform eye tests and assess the condition of your eyes. Having consistent appointments helps you keep your eyes in check and prevent further damages if there are any.
Be proactive in protecting your eyes. Follow our tips and make sure you visit our Ophthalmology Clinic in Elmhurst, New York for a check-up. It’s better to be cautious when it comes to our eyes.